CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

5.16.2009

Vanity of Vanities


So this is totally frivolous but my eyebrows are stupid. Insightful, right? Thanks to my dad's side of the family my eyebrows are pretty much nonexistent which makes my face look incomplete. So what to do? I could draw them on, but then I look like an 80 year old woman or even better: a drag queen. I could just leave them as is, but that bothers me too. The one time I got my eyebrows waxed, I was told by the technician: "Eyebrows aren't twins, they're sisters." Whatever. Mine must be step-sisters because they're nothing alike. The left one is way higher than the right and the right is way longer than the left. To tweeze or not to tweeze? Hmmm. When I attempt to draw them on and brush them out I look like (no offense) I should be on a Mexican soap opera.

The words of Ecclesiastes 1:2 should help: "Vanity of vanities, all is vanity."

Without Jesus, life is vanity. I should be encouraged because I do know Him and strive to pursue righteousness. So my eyebrows are crooked and silly. Whatever. Jesus doesn't care so I shouldn't either. †

No comments: